Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beauty In-Person: Christina Aguilera and Lucy Liu in West Hollywood, California

Andy Warhol once said that he would rather not meet other famous people he admires as it almost always results in disappointment.
Almost everyone can kind of relate to that statement, right?! Famous people have bad days, bad moments or just may not be as groovy, hip, hot, smart, intellectual, modest, humble, organic, beautiful as what the big corporate industry machine would like the general public to believe.
In fact, there was one woman who I was digging on TV and in-print and, you know, when we hung out --- I was able to peel back the layers and see a disturbing trend. I felt I'd been had (like that Jeff Tweedy/Uncle Tupelo song: We've Been Had).

A week or so ago on a Sunday night in July at Hyde Lounge Christina Aguilera was hanging out just "maxin' & relaxin'" and, I have to say, she is even more beautiful in-person than captured in pics or on video. In person she seemed so "chill" and natural === She had an organic smile with beaming white teeth and eyes === And seemed accessible like at a high school dance in Pittsburgh or something. Moreover, she exuded this comfortable, confidant glow that made me feel good (or, actually, as I was already feelin' alright = even better).

http://www.christinazone.com/pictures/

http://www.christinazone.com/pictures/

http://www.christinazone.com/pictures/

http://www.christinazone.com/pictures/

A couple of days later while I was immensely enjoying such a pleasant stay at Chateau Marmont and catching an early dinner on a Tuesday before heading over to the House of Blues on Sunset to hang and watch my good friends Rusted Root rock L.A., the garden patio dinning seemed like it was going to be a little too hot for me --- So I asked to be seated back inside the eclectic "Hotel California" type lobby dinning area --- And as I came in through the garden door I met the brilliant & beautiful eyes of Lucy Liu nonchalantly poised on a couch in a quaint & cozy area.

Lucy Liu appeared so accessibly charming and organically terrific sitting with one of the cutest Chocolate Labs I've ever seen who was adorably mouthing a little pet toy Tiger.

In my ease, "Hi," I said and Lucy Liu said, "Hi," back.

And I was seated and had the Chennin Blanc (that Larisa suggested the night before that I had w/ the fresh fig and good balsamic salad w/ the kick-ass Monday nite stuffed pork loin special) - with the fresh fig and good balsamic salad and a gorgeously prepared wild Halibut dish.

No comments: