Sunday, July 27, 2008

My First Hollywood (World) Premiere = "The New Twenty" @ The Directors Guild of America in L.A.




This was my first Hollywood World Premiere in Hollywood, California. It was held at the Directors Guild of America and it was great. The pre-party I was a little late getting to from having dinner in the garden at Chateau Marmont and walking over but I was pleasantly surprised by all the cool, hip, professional hot people = It was really groovy.

The film was intense, clever, funny, thought provoking and honest = It was well done and the acting was perfect. The cinematography was right on as it had both a major full length movie quality but also an edgy Indie look & feel as well = which appeals to a 70's kid like me.

And what a nice touch it was to have the director and three of the film's actors there for a Q & A session after the screening.

Nicole Bilderback was as magnetic in person as on the silver screen. Thomas Sadoski and Andrew Wei Lin gave such outstanding performances and appeared so nonchalant and grateful in person that I had to go up and say "hi" - shake hands - and give my regards.

Best of West Hollywood Roses, John mystrawhat.com

No comments: