Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jim Sheridan Took My Shirt


He was jumping in and out the salt water pool

of Chateau Marmont on this hot July Sunday

His legs supporting the direction of his feet as

he made many circles around the pool & chairs,

garden & bath house while on his cellular phone.

Yes, to "Edge." How many people are named that?

"Edge!" his Irish accent sang - and before he could

say another name of only one or two people, "Bono!"

-you knew it was Edge from the world famous band.

The book I'm almost finished with and was reading

"The Living Theatre: Art, Exile and Outrage" had

caught the director's attention and we engaged in

conversation and I was pleasantly surprised to learn

of how he once did an adaption of Julian and Judith's'

Frankenstein. Well, actually, I was fascinated by it.

Fascinated and struck by what another "coincidence."

He pointed out a picture of Coppola in the book ---

And, Jim said to put him + (2) on the guest list for Tues

July 15th for Rusted Root @ the Sunset House of Blues.

Then I thought I had heard "In America" - "In the Name

of the Father" - Jim Sheridan say, "I guess this must be

my tee-shirt" = and I saw him pick-one-up but I wasn't

really paying all that close attention to notice petty details

as I had started and was continuing to do some drinking.

In fact, I didn't realize until I had to walk shirtless up to

my room which made me pass the front desk and people.

After going to bed at 5:00 a.m. I felt like "The Boxer" ---


In the middle of a gorgeous bed, in gorgeous sheets in a

gorgeous room with a balcony view I wrote this for you---



written in West Hollywood, California

Chateau Marmont July 12 - 16, 2008




Best of JULY Roses, John French



No comments: