Saturday, December 20, 2008

Candles and Cognac

It's now a little easier to handle
Thoughts at the end of a long day
She's around my neck like a noose
Instead I wish she'd squeeze my juice
Feelin' like a cold Italian pizza, anyways
And it's just about another day to drive
Another stop where I don't order fries
There's a lot on my mind and on my plate
And maybe I miss my parent's front gate
Ah, so easy to make friends but so alone
It's close to 4 a.m. and I'm rambling on again
There's a place called somewhere I call home
I'm running out of money but I still got time
She certainly smells debt on my new collars
Isn't it harder to make those American dollars
So I drown with the clowns almost everynight
I let go under in a big claw foot cast iron tub
I can surely use a little Japanese rub and tug
My feet are so tired in these dirty stinky boots
And I'm not really sure about these rusted roots
Candles and cognac as your nails scratch my back
I'm going to go see a therapist for what I may lack
Candles and cognac and I already start to feel back
Candles and cognac and I'm feeling a little rockstar
Haven't you heard? I don't need you at all to go far
written around midnight December 20, 2008
Best of December's Roses,
John Alan French
theneweverydaymedia

No comments: