Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"The Devil's Music"

This song is dedicated to Bo Diddley ... ... ... ...
(written June 2 - June 4, 2008)
Is it the Devil
Or is it me?
If he's here
just let me be
- let me be
- let me be
- let me be ...
I was just fine
Playing in time
Jammin' my own song
Playing on my guitar
Until that someone said,
"It won't be far
'til Ole Devil come 'round"
"He'll want your song
Or your soul ...
One thing sure
It's nothing more
Or nothing less
It's just best
to move along"
"Just sing your song
And don't think
(or your pink will turn to red)
'Cause before you know it
You'll already say it
And he'll have your soul
For a record that's gold"
Oh Lord, I'm gonna play...
Just play my song
Even if he's around
I'll just keep movin' along
And go see the Saints in town...
'Come Marchin' in ...
Oh Marchin' in...
Come Marchin' in ...
Oh Lord ...
"The Devil's Music" Dedicated to Bo Diddley ... ... ... ...
(written June 2 - June 4, 2008 by John Alan Conte` Jr.)

No comments: