Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wicked Weather: Snowy Saturday Night March 8, 2008

What wicked wintry weather for a Sewickley, PA Saturday, March 8, 2008!


Snow came all the way-up on the back porch and covered it - which I had to sweep off.
Luckily the wind calmed down so I could use our Electric Patio-Caddie - Even though
it's electric it also has hickory briquets for real hot grill flavor.



We grilled salmon with fresh rosemary. Parker had his 8 oz fillet too.


"OK, everyone is surprised because I am so big for a little Lhasa Apso - Well,
if you could see these huge turkey vulture up in the trees in the meadow
out back, then you'd understand why my Daddy grills me 8 oz of salmon
and I eat like I'm a bigger doggie!"


A wintry garden.


It won't be long until these grape vines sprout green life again -
Just a couple weeks until springtime.


Instead of green pine in the flowers boxes off of the porch,
they'll be spring flowers to keep the climbing hydrangea
and the ones in the ground good company.
Everyday is wonderful
but I think allot of people are thinking spring.
And we didn't even get pounded as much
as those did other places - Even down a couple towns
over along the Ohio River and also up north they got
much more snow than we did here in Sewickley...
Best of the Roses,
Giovanni French
mystrawhat.com


No comments: