Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Why I Wander, Dear _ a new bluegrass poem/lyric _ "Happy Halloween Birthday Dear Tiffany"

Why I wonder, dear,
What it'd been for you
to have been my wife
Why am I wondering
if we coulda made a life
Maybe that's why I wander
thru the honky tonk neon lights
Still think'n, still sittin' & drink'n
When's it gonna work out all right
I remember that big storm in South Carolina
We held each other under some shelter so tight
And the one night we didn't want to say goodnite
And now seeing two people holding hands
Walking down along where waves meet the sand
I go back to that walk on the beach to your daddy's pool
Among all those big giant homes and tall palms & pines
Guess why I'm still wondering if you woulda been my wife
Why I wonder, dear, if we would've made it all right
The colors run on the leaves like when you left for University
I sent those Lauren dresses to you at your Athens, GA sorority
I wouldn't leave the big city and you were in your Southern Living
Yeah, I still have that picture and read that article like it was yesterday
Oh, What could've been me or us I guess why I wander, dear . ..

Fall, October 2014
"Happy Halloween Birthday Dear Tiffany" (title 2)
"Why I Wander, Dear" (title 1)
by john alan conte jr
mystrawhat.com  & the new everyday media

Me Age 2 & Some Girl in Puerto Rico at a Luxury Resort Who Picked-Me-Up