Friday, April 7, 2017

The New Media Landscape _ new poem April 2017

The New Media Landscape

Ones and zeroes 
Raining down on me
April showers of spring
Refreshing rebirth they bring
Reminding me of the mountain
Snow and ice melting away 
Rushing down the mountain
The creek full and swollen
Vibrantly offering baptism 
I lovingly entered and swam in
Connected, tuned-in, plugged-in
Walking down back into town
Now being able to see things
To see things the same differently
The outline of Whispering Angels
In the ones and zeroes so alive
First I thought they were pictures 
Yet defiantly opening the doors
Reading me the poetry of the divine
Leading me to sift thru truth and lies
Through tears running from my eyes
Leaving me with a spent lover's smile
Whispering Angels will be back for more
Out of town and in cities guided by ley-lines


Draft 1 
Written April 7, 2017
mystrawhat.com 6:38 a.m.

*Thanks to Joe S. for the title and inspiration 
   

No comments: