Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Poetry 101: Ecstatic Vision

I recall being at Marquette University in Milwaukee Wisconsin and visiting a poetry reading with rich ladies and students of leisure from White Fish Bay and this young man stood by the fish tank and drank like an older man could but probably shouldn't and wouldn't be able to anyway on his daddy's gold card and then when it was my turn the young man got on stage and then said something like this, "I am a poet. Not the coffee house kind or the kind in The New Yorker but the kind of the ancient times where poets where be-ings of vision and where words were really healing signs and symbols." ...

Yeah, and then I did something which made the host in her garden hat "gasp" ... I also recall I would not allow any friends of mine to accompany me or attend beceause I really wanted to just be me and not a part of any crowd consciousness other than what I wanted to create

Rusted Root peforming their classic song "XTC" live @ woodstock 99

This performance of Rusted Root's XTC was on my birthday July 25th 1999

Rusted Root was on tour with Jewel and they both rolled in for Woodstock '99

Interesting fact: Rusted Root is the only artist ever to play the original Woodtstock spot = yeah, i think some radio station in New York made that happen for some special promotion

Best of the Roses,
John French
mystrawhat.com
&
theneweverydaymedia

No comments: