Tuesday, June 16, 2009

D.C. Blues (2nd draft)

D.C. Blues (2nd draft)

The Bible, the Koran, the Torah are not virtual road maps they’re just guides for a “big cash in” if that’s what you’re into and believe you need more greed to take with you …
Ah, when do you think we’ll understand that taking a stand is just not an ordinary protest
that you can attend and then go home and pull the covers over your head? It’s about change that brings about giving one life, love & peace on Earth like George Harrison said
And it offends me to walk around D.C. and see pious people in grand suits because if I was notably against their agenda for their own personal treasures I know they’d shoot me dead
And it offends me to see women who wrap their heads in veils to conceal their suppression in a way that’s meant to really steal democratic elections in oil rich Islamic countries where if you’re a freedom fighter you can really feel all the hatred of oppression where the mystery of Persian night is over for me --- I know that they’re not free
So, well, that’s okay as long as you don’t ever even try to apply that shit on me, man … because I am a Freedom man who likes my ripped and frayed, faded Levis jeans and wants the freedom to grow my hair long and shave my face and contribute to the human race
And if that means by getting higher to see above the blowing sands of the land well, then, that’s okay with me and it should be with you = don’t tell me what to do = I drink, I swear, I sex, I don’t believe in your lies = you’re a liar = you’re liars and I am politically correct here so don’t ask me to excuse myself as I am no diplomat for your cause(s) for treasure
As I’m just trying to get along by myself and be a free man in America, in the world, in my worn vintage Levis like the color of D.C. blues washed in the big corporate machine
where we all wash our hands after taking a stand for the causes we really should understand


written Saturday June 13, 2009 - Sunday June 14, 2009
best of the Roses
john french
mystrawhat.com
&
theneweverydaymedia

No comments: