Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Young Love" ... ... ... ... (And, Strung w/ Elixir Strings)

... so I had wondered just how long I could let the strings on my acoustic six string go before I had to change them. And although that point hit a few weeks ago I finally had enough. None of them broke on me but the sound was broken and I noticed and couldn't stand it any longer.

I polished my six string and then used Elixir Acoustic Phosphor Bronze Guitar Strings with ultra-thin NANOWEBTM coating

Gauge = Medium
E-1 = .013
B-2 = .017
G-3 = .026w
D-4 = .035w
A-5 = .045w
E-6 = .056w

These strings are so bright and have such a clear tone and lasting sound that I was ecstatic because of them --- especially knowing how flat and just bad the ones which needed changed performed and sounded like.

I started strumming and after some solid work this song "Young Love" came out ...

It's so easy to see in your eyes when you lie
(2x)
It's so easy to not want to live and just die
(2x)
I can't take it anymore before I walk out that door
(2x)
I can't take it anymore
(2x)
Before I walk out that door
(2x)
Do you know what for
(2x)
I wanna know for sure
(2x)
I'm not gonna take anymore
(2x)
Anymore
(4x)

...and a little later as we passed these apartment buildings driving in the city my wife mentioned to me that that's where that girl was murdered last night. And, when I didn't know what she was talking about and was like, "huh?" She said some kid killed his girlfriend.

Young Love can be so good for you and then again it can be so fucked-up.

The past few days I've been listening to the album Youth and Young Manhood by King's of Leon
allot. BTW, King's of Leon have some June 2008 dates w/ Pearl Jam before they head overseas.

Best of the Roses,
Giovanni French
mystrawhat.com
myspace.com/mosshead7
the new everyday media.com

P.S. Goodnight

No comments: