Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Cats, bunnies, highlighters," Anna & Alison

alisonrosen.com
twitter.com/alisonrosen
annadavid.com
annalytical.com

--- On Sat, 2/21/09, John French <> wrote:
From: John French <>

Subject: "Cats, bunnies, highlighters" ...

To: alisonmrosen@gmail.com, anna@annadavid.comCc: redeye@foxnews.com

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 12:05 PM


Dearest Anna and Alison:

Do you know what I find fascinating, captivating and compelling about your "vlogging" on You Tube ??? (and I don't know if it's the Dramamine talking or not 'cause while looking up its spelling I learned that you can trip off of it and, well, uh, I had to watch all of your vlogs but I was getting a little queasy like motion sickness from the shaking camera so I thought a little Dramamine would help) The organic nature of it all is actually organically engaging to me --- You know, sort of like how the low budget Red Eye appeals to me ... of course, there is High-Def cameras and wizards in post production (PD)/ digital intermediate (DI) out there that can make shit look really cool and "pop" but, for me, that's not totally where it's at = if that was so I'd be some big "action flick" dude and be into all those movies instead of Sundance and IFC and documentaries and such ... Yeah, the raw, spontaneous, erratic and non linear work you two are doing is something I've always enjoyed and have felt there is not enough of in all mediums --- A lot of time over produced, over thought out and developed projects are just so boring, predictable and cheesy whereas it's more about formula and process than art that's soulful and engaging and relates to you in primal way that's rudimentary dynamic like the joy of "kissing dirt" (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by6uESG9TGg) --- I've argued w/ this asshole, bitch, c-word "producer" from this stupid show on HD Network that I was forced into talking with about how it doesn't matter if it's shot in HD and what kind of PD it goes through if the content is not there and I further argued that I can take a regular Digital 8 camera and capture more meaningful / meaningless magic that will stimulate and stir the echoes of the soul and chambers of your brain than the same old same old shit that people blindly do and is spoon fed to you ... ... (Yeah, and asshole, bitch, c-word "producer" from this stupid show on HD Network did not "approve" of my new everyday media projects - my Top Hottest Women of the New Everyday Media lists, my email write-ins, the replies I receive(d), mystrawhat.com and even my myspace page and a few rockstar friends of mine) ... ... ... ... Whatever !!!... ... ... ...

In any event, the Dramamine is really kickin' in --- I think I'm gonna go down to the river


Best of the Roses,
John French
mystrawhat.com
http://theneweverydaymedia.blogspot.com
myspace.com/mosshead7

No comments: