Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Honor of Black History Month ...

Although at one time I may have celebrated Black History Month by listening to Run DMC's Proud to Be Black but I'm gonna take you way back with these Swinging tunes that are responsibly relevant for user friendly radio tunes you're spoonfed everyday ... ;)

For me music transcends societal barriers --- in 1982 I attended the "Fresh Festival" at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh and saw Kurtis Blow and Dougie Fresh and Run DMC and the Fat Boys, etc. and at University I spent hours in the library with headphones listening to albums of African drumming and old vintage American blues oft played and recorded on front porches ...

With President Obama in the White House this Black History Month is especially poignant...

Best of the Roses,
Giovanni French
mystrawhat.com
myspace.com/mosshead7
http://theneweverydaymedia.blogspot.com/

No comments: