Saturday, January 31, 2009

Steeler Fans: You'd Be Surprised Everyone Who Digs the Steelers & Their Fans



--- On Thu, 1/29/09, John French <> wrote:
From: John French <>
Subject: Steeler Fans: You'd Be Surprised Everyone Who Digs the Steelers & Their Fans
To: sports@kdka.com
Cc: sundaynflcountdown@espn.com, sportscenter@espn.com, feedback@versus.com, brian.kilmeade@foxnews.com
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 7:50 PM

Bob: (Long time viewer first time emailer) --- I was just out in Denver and, of course, you know I get around a little and am a bit social, so there were a lot of people who asked me where I was from and when I said Pittsburgh the first thing the majority of these people said went something like, "Yeah, the Steelers = You're in the Super Bowl!" .... and they would comment on how deeply passionate we Pittsburgh are about our Steelers = A few folks commented how nuts Pittsburgh people are about the Steelers. But, you know, there was this general respect and admiration coming through and, I bet you, those people are gonna be cheering on the Black & Gold.
 
And, my friends in L.A. too and others I meet when I'm out there = They dig the Steelers.
 
I have to admit, I dig seeing Lynn Swann in the Sewickley Starbucks on a regular basis. It makes me smile like the giddy kid I was watching him in my parent's home w/ my six siblings and my grandmother on my father's side who lived w/ us (and most people couldn't understand her broken English) w/ her rosary in her hands, praying as she did all day everyday but jumping up from her seat to cheer w/ us all (w/ the family) when Pittsburgh did good!!!
 
Best of the Roses,
John French
mystrawhat.com


No comments: