Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sorry Rob Fortunato ...

... "Self Portrait" ... taken 12/13/08 while getting ready to do some blogging and watch SNL...

Sorry, Rob Fortunato, I know this sucks compared to your work but you shoot celebrities and I'm nothing and I know posting something like this of myself when you offered to shoot me is absurd ... Yet, this is some sort of essence of me ... Hey, man, you know I'm a kinda shy guy - Do you remember when you interviewed me on film on a set at Penn State University in Happy Valley? Yeah, those bright lights made me sweat ...

At any rate, this was taken almost immediately after watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall. That movie mostly takes place in Hawaii. My grandparents used to live six (6) months out of the year in Hawaii (Honululu) and six (6) months out of the year on Mercer Island (Seattle) and I am the only person in my family never to visit Hawaii - and even want to do so. I heard the Beatles really weren't into playing Hawaii because it was in the middle of the ocean. So, watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall and looking at some of the "extra" type people, I kinda realized that you can take a meidocre, dick weed (male or female) and place them in Hawaii and because they're in "Hawaii" with its beautiful back-drop and hang-tight, cool lifestyle that they will seem appealing and ultra cool. However, these meidocre dick weeds (male or female) in Pittsburgh will just be meidocre dick weeds (male or female) in Pittsburgh - And, for you to be - not just from Pittsburgh - but living in Pittsburgh and have something going is far more interesting and of substance and the kind of everyday gritty beauty which makes for good Warhol type "pop." Well, at least for a fucking geek like me.
Best of the Winter Roses,
John Alan French

mystrawhat.com
http://theneweverydaymedia.blogspot.com

P.S. Looking forward to seeing you over the holidays


No comments: