Monday, March 17, 2008

You've Been Thinking and I've Been Drinkin'

You've Been Thinking and I've Been Drinkin'
Who knows if what we're doin's gonna work.
It's like you're drivin' with your blinkers on---
And I'm turning too fast around a city bend-
 
I couldn't imagine a world without you in it ---
In every interview I'm a fan of how you hit it ---
When I see you - first I'll kiss you & then break in.
I'm gonna kiss you, break-in and steal your heart.
 
All the while the river goes - going on bye -
I sit and watch the traffic flow - waving goodbye -
There's no other woman that makes me so high
No other woman that has the best of everything...
 
Read on, sit & sift through all those magazines
Those pictures of perfected reality like dreams---
What those fragile tea-leaves don't read - Is how
I now know how you just want to let go & scream
 
I'm here to tell you that that perfected reality -
It's all a dream now-Go back to sleep, go back to
Sleep now, My darling dear - I'll wake you when
The time is near for you to freshly greet the world
 
... As I couldn't imagine a place without you in it---
First I'll kiss you and then I break in - Then I break in
Kissing you I break-in - I break in to steal your heart.
That's all I really want from you - Is to steal your heart.
 
You've Been Thinking and I've Been Drinkin'
From that very first purple rose that was the start
Your heart's so unsealed when you write your gold
It's that - that I want to make mine, steal and hold.
 
I'm tellin' you - that's all I want from you - I'm telling you
That's all I want from -from you- That's all I want from you
I promise I won't break it now or anyday - I'm telling you
All I want from you, Want from you - to steal your heart.
 
You've Been Thinking and I've Been Drinkin' ... 
 
Written March 1 - 17, 2008
by John French  mystrawhat.com
(Draft #1)
 
Best of Organic Roses,
   Giovanni French
www.mystrawhat.com

http://theneweverydaymedia.blogspot.com/


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No comments: