Wednesday, April 9, 2008

... gone: In life and death, Kurt Cobain is forever linked to Seattle ... 14th anniversary of Kurt's death

Seattle, Washington's "Snow Cone" -Mt. Rainer- Gianni French 1978
My grandparents on my mother's side lived on Mercer Island in Seattle six months of of the year and then in Hawaii six months out of the year. July 1978 I turned 8 years old. In fact on this trip to Seattle from Pittsburgh the day we flew there was my birthday and a gorgeous female flight attendant provided me with such grand attention I was smitten and felt like a little king.
At any rate, on this trip we were in some rural area visiting a cow farm or something and walking the beautiful rural grounds there where the grass was so green and the sky so blue and the dandelions so yellow and the lake shimmering with golden sunshine. Yeah, there was this little lake on the property with a little waterfall which fed into it and there was this guy fishing in it. And since everybody loved me I thought it was no problem for me to crawl down to this gentleman and bother him with a bunch of kid questions. While talking w/ him this other little boy (a little older than me but not much bigger) appeared and was skipping rocks in the lake but mindfully away from w/ the gentleman was fishing. I quickly joined him and we talked and hung out together on this perfect sky blue sky day in rural Washington state outside of Seattle. This boys name was Curt and he had blondish silky, shiny hair and was kinda shy but not w/ me and seemed grateful for a friend like me. I was sad when we had to go and never forgot this friend I made. Years later when Kurt Cobain and his band Nirvana emerged and I became familiar / the lyrics, his songs, thinking and a little history - I wondered and still do and just have this feeling I can't explain.












Best of Seattle Roses,
John French
mystrawhat.com
myspace.com/mosshead7

6 comments:

kagome said...

kurt will live on forever in glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a dream when I was 12 that I lived in Seattle and was spiritually linked to Kurt Cobain...I still have that dream...I graduate college soon and I plan on moving to Seattle to experience what He experienced...

LOve you KUrt

M said...

one of your pix isnt kurt... but the 'kurt cobain' outfit they advertise on one horrid, and i mean - HORRID website with 'celebrity costumes'. take it down, yo.

regards.

Anonymous said...

I went to one of the concerts in seattle when i was in town. that had to been the happiest time in my life. just to watch kurt play and know that he wasnt doing it for the money or the fame but because he really loved to play music. the way all three of them could just tell what the other was thinking was insane. i wish that everybody could see the way there played. you dont see that any more. kurt we love you and i will never forget that night.

KS said...

Kurt is immortal and his works to,Will go to seattle on pilgrimage!!:p

gabysinha said...

em apenas algumas palavras posso expressar o tamanho sentimento que tenho por vocĂȘ;
I love you Kurt Cobain